Sound Bite for the Week of April 9th, 2018
Quote to Ponder:
- “A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.” - Henry David Thoreau
Main Topic of the Week:
- Blood Testing and Food Tech, their roles in the future of food as fuel.
Actionable Tip of The Week:
- Eat with chopsticks!
Crazy-Awesome Health Nugget of the Week:
- STOP BOILING YOUR VEGGIES!
Listener emails or questions of the week.
- Shout out Vien and Sara. Thank you for such thoughtful emails/messages.
Bowl of the Week:
Chai Spiced Porridge
- 1 cup oat bran (or grain of choice)
- 1 cup water (adjust water amount to the specific grain you use)
- 1 cup plant based milk
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
- 1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chai spiced pecans
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- milk for topping (plant or dairy works fine)
- Bring the water and salt to a boil in a saucepan. Add the oat bran, cover and simmer on low until cooked. About 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the spices, almond butter, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Divide the porridge between bowls and top with pecans, pomegranate seeds, banana, hemp seeds and a drizzle of milk. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.